Community Transport Services Tasmania Inc (CTST) is a vibrant and growing community organisation whose mission is to provide transport to older people and people living with a disability in the community. We are pleased to have recently launched our Area Connect program which supports people to overcome transportation barriers to get to work, training or education, allowing jobseekers to increase skills and to secure and sustain employment.
We are looking for Local Coordinators in Brighton, Burnie, Sorell, Ulverstone, and Launceston. These are full-time fixed-term positions to April 2024 and are classified at Level 2 of the Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010 (SCHADS) with the benefit of salary sacrifice options.
About the Role
Key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Operate CTST vehicles of varying sizes safely, and with specific consideration for the needs of passengers
- Maintain a professional and appropriate relationship with passengers, employees’, and the general public at all times
- Confident in the use of hand-held electronic devices eg: I-pad and smartphone
- Ability to work autonomously, interpret a “run sheet” and organise work with limited supervision
- Ensure that vehicles are always maintained in a safe operating condition, including the completion of pre-departure checks
- Follow established procedures for record keeping and reporting
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Coordinators/Coordinators and your team to overcome any barriers to providing an optimal service
- Previous experience in passenger transportation would be advantageous but not essential
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- High standards of professionalism, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Approachable, flexible and committed to the delivery of exceptional standards of service to enhance the experience of jobseekers
- A team player, with strong computer literacy and high levels of organisation
- Must have received Covid-19 vaccinations 1, 2 and 3
- Must hold a current registration to work with vulnerable people
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Hold, or be able to obtain a Public Passenger Vehicle (PPV)Ancillary Certificate
To read a copy of the position description – Position Description – Area Connect Local Coordinator
Applications should include a current resume and cover letter detailing your experience relative to the position. If you have any enquiries about the position, please contact Karen Dingjan via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday 21st December 2022. We look forward to hearing from you.